Saturday, July 19, 2008

travel day

I´ve made it to Flores. I´ve arranged to keep my big backpack at the hostel I´m staying at tonight for the next three days. Tomorrow I´m leaving at 9am for Tikal and going to spend the day wandering around all of the ruins. I´m going to try and rent a hammock at one of the hotels (along with a mosquito net) and sleep in that for the night under a palapa roof. I´m going to get up early the next day to try and see monkeys and then head back to Flores for probably another night.

I love plans. :D

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so happy you made it to Flores without incident. That is the hostel I was telling you I found online that is on an island. Hope it turns out to be a nice place and that besides the incredible ruins, you get to see the monkeys in Tikal! Love you with all my heart! MOM

Lorelei said...

Thanks Mom! It was an incredible time and I look forward to sharing pictures...love you!