Tuesday, July 1, 2008

black sand

This is going to be a shorty, as the internet in Monterrico is slow and expensive. I'm at the beach. I got my green coconut. I've spent more hours in a hammock than walking. I spent the first night here hanging out with three Guatemalans at their vacation house drinking rum. I spent last night with the other wacky characters in the dormitory watching South Park and The Interpreter. I'm in love with liquidarios.

Xela is not happening. Though exciting and weird, the chicken bus trip down here was long enough - I don't have the desire to ride one across the country for just a two day trip in one town. That means I'm staying at the beach longer, leaving for Antigua tomorrow and for Pana the next day to meet Michael.

This trip rocks.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is all fantastic to hear.....and the lava pictures and your words capture the moment, believe me.

I typed on a computer today....like yesterday...and the day before :) So keep rockin' and enjoy the hell out of your trip!

_Cousin Tony

Lorelei said...

Thanks Tony! Glad you're enjoying the blog and I hope you and your pretty lady are doing well! :)

Unknown said...

Sorry I missed your call yet AGAIN, honey! The volcano description and pictures were awesome. I am so happy and excited for you, for all you are experiencing. The Mark Knopfler concert was great and we did make it to Stern Grove on Sunday and enjoyed the San Francisco Symphony. Blessings to you and continue to enjoy every moment! I love and miss you! Mom

Unknown said...

chicken buses sound scary...more beach time good

Lorelei said...

Mom, we seem to have the worst timing! I'm glad you had a great time in the city...I love you so much!

M...I'm assuming this is Michael? Chicken buses are exciting! But yes, more beach time good. :)