Thursday, July 17, 2008

shortie

Change change change. It's gotten past the point where I can't plan a day ahead...I've hardly been able to keep a grip on the forthcoming hours. Michael did take off on his own after all - traveling alone is so much different than traveling with someone else and he needed some of his own time before heading back to the states. So he's at the beach right now and I couldn't be happier for him...I just hope his rib is staying in check.

I spent last night at a hostel called Ummagumma - I could feel every wood slat underneath my mattress, but for $5, having a place to sleep and free internet was fantastic. I might stay there again tonight.

I was going to meet up with a friend from Guatemala City, but due to his busy schedule and my anxiousness to move on, we're just going to try and hang out later while I attempt to leave for Tikal tomorrow! This will be the most expensive leg of the trip, but from everything I hear about Tikal, it will be worth every last penny. Beautiful jungle, lots of ancient ruins...I am keeping my fingers crossed on seeing a monkey!

Coming back to Antigua makes me realize how easy this place is...how the pace of life moves at a speed where you can still take deep breaths and look up and see yourself surrounding by beautiful volcanoes. The temptation to move is greatest when I'm in this city...but I just don't think my feet could take the cobblestone sidewalks for long.

No comments: