Tuesday, July 22, 2008

tikal

...was amazing. I had a problem uploading photos today (suprise, suprise), but I might try again later tonight.

I saw monkeys. And toucans, and pizotes, and a weird fox, and brightly colored turkey-looking birds, and about a million different kinds of bugs. I saw vibrant fruits, and all the shades of green, and tree-hugging trees. I saw ancient pyramids, and old ball courts, and the top of the jungle canopy.

I spent two full days there. Fourteen total hours of hiking. Three total hours of sleeping. Fourty-eight total hours of bliss.

I will write more when I can go along and describe the pictures.

Tomorrow I leave for Semuc Champey - to add more nature to my belt.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Tikal sounded like everything you had hoped it would be and more! I am SO glad. I remember my times at Chichen-Itza, Coba, Ekbalam and most recently, San Gervasio. The ancient ruins are most impressive, mystical and humbling. I am overjoyed that you are heading for the swim through caves at Semuc-Champey and are going to be able to see just about everything you wanted to. Enjoy every single second and come back safe to me! All my love, MOM

Lorelei said...

Thanks Mama! I always loved seeing your pictures of Chichen-Itza...but it's a totally different experience to see such ruins in person! Hope all is well and talk to you soon!