Thursday, June 5, 2008

15 Days Until Take-Off

I. Am. So. Excited.

I can't believe how quickly the trip is approaching - I've had my ticket for months and going to Guatemala always seemed like such a faraway and novel idea, but now it's nearly here, becoming more and more of a reality. I've only done a little bit of traveling before - to Spain with my Spanish class in high school for two weeks and to Mexico with Michael for a week - so it's a bit nerve wracking to think that I'm about to embark on an adventure to a place that I don't know much about all by myself.

But I'm ready. I'm ready to spend this time alone with myself, start to get a clue of who I am and what I want out of life, and maybe have an adventure or two. I had cold feet recently where I was seriously considering selling my ticket, but sticking with this is the best graduation present I could ever give myself. Assuming all my stuff isn't stolen on Day 1, haha.

I bought this online yesterday, and it should be here tomorrow:



While I originally didn't want to spend the money for it, I feel like I made the right decision. I will feel better knowing that I have a good piece of luggage that I can rely on and use again in the future. Like the dork I am, I can't wait to start loading my things up into it - I'll probably spend my time packing and repacking instead of studying for finals, haha.

For those who want to know, I'm flying out of SFO on June 20th and will be back on August 1st. Don't bother trying to call me, as my phone will be turned off and still here in California. I will try to update this as often as I can (though I probably wont write again until I actually get down there now) and will also be reachable through email.

Wish me luck, send me love, and keep reading. :)

6 comments:

riseyp said...

Looking forward to reading all about your journey!!

El Gallo said...

Neat! Awesome!

I will enjoy the tropical goodness vicariously through your blog posts.

Chandolfo said...

by yourself, you go girl! (snaps fingers, wobbles head....sips coffee)
make sure to take hundreds of pictures so I can live vicariously through you!
have fun!

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you, Lorelei! You are an amazing woman and in for the adventure of a lifetime! Take care of business now, see you next weekend and keep living life to the fullest! Love you!!

Aunt Christine said...

I admire you so much, Lorelei! What an adventure you are about to embark on! We will watch your trip along the way! Sorry your graduation card will be late, but you will get it before your trip. We love you so much! Aunt Christine, Uncle Mark, and Josh

Deb said...

I still have the backpack I bought for my travels after college and I use it all the time - it will be money well spent! have an *awesome* trip!!!