Wednesday, September 17, 2008

better late than never

So as you probably noticed, I didn't write one final blog post. I really had the best intentions of trying to compress my entire trip into one summary but everytime I sat down in front of the computer, I found myself completely overwhelmed. So, while this isn't as complete as I'd hoped, at least let me leave you with something.

Going to Guatemala was the best thing I could have done after graduating college. I learned about a country (and how many beautiful people and natural wonders it has), I learned how to travel (what's important to bring, how to deal with getting sick), and I learned how to spend six weeks with myself. Working on the latter really pulled me out of my shell, and I learned how to enjoy my quiet moments as well as gather the courage to introduce myself to new people.

I met some incredible people that I will never forget and I hope I have the chance again to see someday.

I saw some parts of nature that I never thought I'd get to see (lava, monkeys) and am now inspired to see more.

I feel so much stronger than before I left. I've recently moved to Portland, Oregon and I've been trying to use similar attitudes in meeting people and trying new things; because of that, I've been having a fun time and getting to know some great people.

I will travel again, alone and with someone else. However, this experience will always shine out as a special point in my life.

Thanks for reading and sharing Guatemala with me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am overjoyed that you were able to have such an amazing experience. It has fueled my desire to do much more traveling to places like you were able to visit. You are a shining star who becomes more brilliant with each passing day. Much love, MAMA

celyn said...

Lorelei, you won a book on my blog, but I can't figure out how to contact you for your address. Please email me at misoforbreakfast [at] yahoo [dot] com.